Are you considering ordering a Pet Portrait painting? Here are some helpful tips, and considerations for the best possible painting results…
To get the ball rolling, here is the typical order process in a nutshell:
- Pick out your favourite photo that you have of your pet.
- Email the photo, along with what size you want it painted, to email@example.com
- You will then receive a quote.
- If you’d like to place the order, a 50% deposit is given.
- I paint up a storm!
- Once the painting is ready, the remaining 50% deposit is given.
- It’s all yours, yay!
1… “What if I can’t decide on which reference photo I want to use.”
– Please feel free to email multiple photos and I’d be happy to help suggest which would translate best to a Pet Portrait painting.
2… “What if I’m not sure what size I’d like painted?”
– If you have a size range in mind, feel free to let me know and I can provide a quote range. Otherwise, if you have a specific budget in mind, you are welcome to let me know and I can suggest sizing options that way too.
3… “I prefer good ol fashioned phone technology vs emailing, is that ok?”
– Yes that’s totally cool. Please indicate in your initial email if you prefer a call back instead if emailing is not your cup of tea. Phoning is fun too!
4… “How can I get payment to you?”
– To keep things flexible, there are a few different possibilities: e-mail money transfer, certified cheque, cash, or PayPal (for Visa or MasterCard use). If you have questions about any of these methods, feel free to contact me and I’d be happy to answer any questions.
5… “How long is the order time?”
– Generally 4-6 weeks. However, since there is an influx during the Christmas season, please budget for 6-8 weeks just to be sure. Or if you require it on a rush (eg: a birthday gift), it may be possible depending on my order schedule. Don’t fret though, order time is always confirmed prior to taking the initial deposit, and you will always get your painting on time, no ifs ands or buts!
6… “Do I get a receipt?”
– Yes you may, it can be printed or emailed.
7… “How do I get my painting in my hot little hands?”
– If you live in Calgary, we can coordinate a pick up or drop off situation. If you live outside of Calgary, it can be shipped no problem.
TIPS FOR BEST RESULTS:
- The higher the resolution of reference photo the better! If the photo is in a small format, it isn’t as detailed as a larger format photo. The more detail the reference photo has, the more detailed and accurate the painting can be! An optimum picture size would be 1MB or larger (but smaller may work as well, again feel free to email me).
- If there is something in the photo you would like altered just let me know and I can confirm if it’s possible (eg: omitting a collar, fixing red eye, etc)
- The background of the pet portrait will be removed and made into a solid colour. If you have a specific colour you would like for the background please let me know at the time of ordering. If you have no preference or can’t decide, I’m more than happy to select the most complimentary colour to your pet.
- The edges of the canvas are painted black, unless specified otherwise.
- If you would like the background of the painting left in (vs doing a solid colour), this is possible at an additional charge (quotes available upon request).
- Please note that deposits given on orders are non-refundable.
- Don’t live in Calgary? No problem! Pet Portrait paintings can be shipped anywhere! But please note that artwork pricing does not include shipping costs (shipping costs can be quoted by request).
- Gift Certificates are available if you would like to give a Pet Portrait painting as a gift but don’t have access to your friend or family member’s pet photos!
SO ALL IN ALL:
If you have questions or would like additional information, please don’t hesitate to get in touch as I’d be happy to help! Thanks so much for reading! Take care.
To view Pet Portrait examples, click here.